This tour is not currently available. Please see the Boutique Great Ocean Road tour which is available now.
- Twist and wind along the world-famous Great Ocean Road
- Stunning photography opportunities at the 12 Apostles and more
- Surf Coast - enjoy morning tea overlooking the beach
- Pass through stunning seaside towns
- Aussie wildlife/koalas in the wild
- Stop at picturesque Apollo Bay for lunch
- Ancient rainforest eco-walk
- Towering eucalyptus trees
- Learn about the tragic tales of "The Shipwreck Coast"
- Loch Ard Gorge - site of the tragic shipwreck of the "Loch Ard"
- Port Campbell National Park
OVERVIEW OF THE TOUR
Enjoy an action-packed day full of nature walks, wildlife, surf beaches and meeting new friends on a coastline affectionately known as the Surf Coast and the Shipwreck Coast. Sit back and relax as you travel along one of the world's great coastal drives, with its dramatic scenery of striking contrasts. The region boasts powerful seas, golden beaches, peaceful townships, giant cliffs and lush rainforests.
You'll start out from Melbourne, making your first photo stop at Memorial Arch. This war memorial marks the gateway to the Great Ocean Road and recognises the work of the returned servicemen who built the coastal road after World War I. We'll enjoy a quick morning tea at a picturesque beach before continuing the drive, admiring the stunning coastal views as we go. You'll pass through charming coastal towns including Lorne and Wye River, and make a stop to spot koalas in their native habitat. When hunger strikes, we'll head to Apollo Bay where you can grab some lunch, peruse the quaint boutiques and take a stroll on the beautiful sandy beach.
After lunch, you'll head into the Otway Ranges for a guided rainforest walk before continuing the journey to the Shipwreck Coast. Here is where you'll see many of the incredible natural landmarks that make the area famous. Enjoy a walk along the coastal boardwalks at the 12 Apostles for spectacular views over the Southern Ocean and limestone stacks before we make a stop at Loch Ard Gorge. Here you can take the stairs down to the hidden beach and walk along the paths to view the Razorback and more impressive rock formations.
In the evening, we jump back on the bus to head back to Melbourne. Admire the rural Victorian landscapes as the sun sets, before you arrive back in the city around 8:30pm.