- Travel through the green pastures south-west of Launceston, admiring views of the mountains and passing by historical towns of Carrick, Hagley, Deloraine and Westbury
- Stop for unique photo opportunities at Sheffield - town of murals
- Look for wombats, potoroos and wallabies in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Visit the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre for an appreciation of the Cradle Mountain National Park
- Take a short stroll along Enchanted Forest Walk viewing pencil pine, lush forest and a spectacular waterfall
- Stand in awe as you take in the powerful and majestic Cradle Mountain reigning over the picturesque Dove Lake
- Take a short walk around Dove Lake taking in the views of Cradle Mountain (weather permitting)
- Visit Waldheim Chalet (forest home) of Gustav Weindorfers
- Stop at Ashgrove Cheese Farm to learn how cheese is made and sample the cheeses made on the premises
OVERVIEW OF THE TOURExplore the variety of wild landscapes found in the Cradle Mountain - Lake St Clair National Park, from lush rainforest to craggy mountain peaks, on our 1-Day Cradle Mountain Day Tour from Launceston! Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the Enchanted Forest, take in the spectacular surrounds of Dove Lake, stand in the shadow of the rugged Cradle Mountain and maybe spot some of the local wildlife. On the return journey to Hobart, we'll stop in at Ashgrove Cheese Farm to sample the delicious locally made cheeses.
The day starts travelling through the Tasmanian countryside passing through the quaint and historic towns of Westbury and Deloraine, which are both well known for their spectacular arts and crafts. Our first stop of the day is the town of Sheffield, home to several artistic murals illustrating the history of the area from the early pioneering days. Get some great photos of these unique artworks before we continue our journey to Cradle Mountain.Once we enter the national park, keep an eye out for the local wildlife including potoroos, wallabies and wombats. We'll check out the visitor centre for insight into the environment and history of the area, before taking a short walk through the Enchanted Forest. Here you can amongst the beautiful pencil pines and mossy forest, along a trickling creek. Next up we'll head to Dove Lake where you can enjoy another stroll and admire the views of Cradle Mountain towering above. Visit the Waldheim Chalet, which is the ancient forest home of the original founder of the national park (Gustav Weindorfer). In the afternoon, we'll travel back to Launceston, calling in at Ashgrove Cheese Farm on the way. Sample some of the delicious cheeses made on site and learn about the cheese-making process before we return to Launceston in the early evening.
Your day trip to Tasmania's Cradle Mountain is a breathtaking experience awaiting you! Join us on our Cradle Mountain Day Tour and uncover the lush rainforest and surrounds!